1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. rolled oats
1/3 c. light-brown sugar, packed
1/3 c. sugar
cinnamon to taste
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 c. milk
1/2 c. oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. chopped apples
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a couple of muffin pans with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, oats, sugars, cinnmon, baking powder and salt.
3. In another bowl, stir together milk, eggs, oil and vanilla until blended.
4. Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add wet ingredients, stirring just to combine. Stir in apples.
5. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans and bake for 15-20 minutes.
6. Allow muffins to cool on a wire rack for five minutes before removing from pan to continue cooling. Serve warm or completely cooled. Muffins can be frozen.